Belstone is a fast-growing, technology-led merchant bank that drives capital to the private companies fueling economies, creating new jobs, and advancing innovation. Our team is comprised of veterans from the top global private equity and investment banking firms and advanced technologists with backgrounds in machine learning and artificial intelligence. We work in deep alignment with our client-partners and make extensive use of proprietary data and software systems to drive top-of-market results. At the heart of our operations is our proprietary data stream processing engine, which we use to integrate web-scale structured & unstructured data with machine learning to drive insights for our team and partners.
We are seeking software engineers to design and implement new Python modules for collecting and extracting data, leveraging NLP and other techniques. In this role, you'll be designing critical infrastructure and strategies, and collaborating closely with senior management to develop transformative new features.
The position is full-time and based in New York. Candidates should be entrepreneurial, creative, ambitious, and meet the following qualifications:
- BS or MS in computer science or a related field, with coursework or equivalent experience in data structures and algorithms
- Fluent in Python with 2+ years of experience coding in that language on nontrivial projects
- Experience working on software engineering problems related to large-scale web scraping, unstructured data, data quality, or data pipelines; exposure to applied machine learning is a definite plus
- Familiarity with unit testing, source control, and good software engineering practices
- Ability to take high level tasks, plan steps to implement them, and complete those steps independently
- Strong English communication skills
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and GitHub profile link to [email protected] with the subject line: "Software Engineering Position at Belstone Capital – [Your Full Name]."